Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Last night I got back from the family vacation to Disneyland and I learned a few valuable lessons while we were gone:
- Don’t speed in Texas
- Yahoo Maps stink and their driving directions are horrible. Opt for a Road Atlas instead
- Don’t buy Road Maps at gas stations, they are like $7 and you can get them free at the visitor center of each state
- I am far too old to ride rides that spin in circles
- Fort Stockton, TX is still one of my least favorite places ever
- Driving 20 or so hours with a 2 yr old is not the wisest thing to do
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Thursday, May 04, 2006
I consider myself a Star Wars loyalist, but I really wasn’t bothered by the initial release of the Trilogy on DVD with the expanded editions etc. For those of you that were you are going to be able to own the original theatrical versions as well as the re-mastered versions. I may have to pick this up just to have it.
Monday, May 01, 2006
I know it sounds odd, but scientists have unearthed a step pyramid in Bosnia. This pyramid was long thought to be a hill, but its perfect 45 degree sides and flat top made some people wonder. This pyramid stands approximately 722 feet high which makes it a third taller than Egypt’s Great Pyramid of Giza.
So I was talking to my buddy up at Penn State today and he was describing the following conversation he had with a classmate this morning. Here it is in all it’s glory:
Austin: Dude, look at my new watch
Josh: yeah, it's a watch
Austin: Know how much it cost?
Austin: Do ya?
Austin: Do ya?
Josh: No, Austin, I don't know how much it cost
Austin: It doesn't have any numbers on it so I don't ever know what time it is
Austin: and I can't tell time
Austin: so I have to learn
As you can probably guess, my buddy is named Josh and his dull counterpart is Austin. I was left pretty speechless. This Austin character is apparently one bright cookie.