Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My Take: Being a Parent

Being a parent is a funny thing. Sometimes it happens by choice and sometimes it doesn't. Either way, the fact remains that being a parent is one of the single most frustrating yet rewarding things in life. Dealing with a needy infant can get old. Dealing with a crazy toddler eradicates the patience threshold of even the most calm people. At the same time, seeing the personality of something you are responsible for being molded and changed everyday is amazing.

My son is just under 21 months old this week. The time I spend with him is a mix of chaos and wonder. Seeing him learn new things and getting to spend time doing things he enjoys doing are probably one of the highlights of my day.

I have a hard time understanding how people can choose not to have children. It is so rewarding.

No comments: